Michael Aziz, MD
Primary Care Physician & Internist located in Midtown East, New York, NY
In our global world, over 1 million people travel internationally each day. In many underdeveloped countries, many vaccine-preventable diseases are still fairly common such as polio and measles. Without vaccines, epidemics of many preventable diseases could return to the US resulting in increased illness and even death. For this reason, vaccination before travel is imperative to ensure global public health. Dr. Chaglassian is committed to ensuring maximum immunization coverage for her patients in the Midtown East practice from children to the elderly.
Travel & Specialty Vaccines
Dr. Chglasian offers a wide variety of vaccinations recommended and required for international travel based on the latest guidelines from the Center for Disease Control. In fact, she specializes in these hard-to-find travel vaccines.
Vaccines for Travel Destinations
If you are traveling to Africa, Asia, or South America, you are very in need of vaccines for travel.
Dr. Chaglassian provides the following vaccinations:
- Vaccinations for Brazil
- Vaccinations for Cambodia
- Vaccinations for China
- Vaccinations for Ghana
- Vaccinations for India
- Vaccinations for Kenya
- Vaccinations for Peru
- Vaccinations for the Philippines
- Vaccinations for South Africa
- Vaccinations for Tanzania
- Vaccinations for Thailand
- Vaccinations for Vietnam
Routine Immunizations & Tests:
Although vaccine-preventable disease levels in the United States have decreased significantly from historic highs, this fact does not mean diseases have disappeared. Indeed, many preventable diseases are in fact making a resurgence due to relaxed adherence to vaccination guidelines. As recent measles and whooping cough outbreaks have shown, we can never take immunization coverage levels for granted or be lax about prevention with vaccination efforts.
- Hepatitis A (adult and pediatric)
- Hepatitis B (adult and pediatric)
- Twinrix (combination Hep A & Hep B)
- Meningococcal (Meningitis)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) (For Cervical, penile, oral, and anal Cancer)
- Influenza (Flu)
- High-dose flu for those over age 65 and immunosuppressed
- Pneumococcal (Pneumonia) Prevnar 13, and Pneumovax 23
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Poliomyelitis (Polio)
- Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Tuberculosis Tests (PPD test)
- Titer Testing
- Adult Immunization Schedule
So, if you are asking yourself, “What vaccinations do I need for travel?” or “Where can I get the routine vaccines I, or my family, need?” schedule an appointment today.
Dr. Chaglassian Can Answer:
- Which vaccines are required?
- Which vaccines may be recommended?
- Which medications do I need?
- What Travel Supplies do I need?
- Do you need Vaccinations?
- Do I need malaria pills?
- Do I need an antibiotic in case I get traveler's diarrhea?
- And much more
Call Dr. Chaglassian for all your Travel Vaccines Needs (212)906-9111
Major Insurance Plans Accepted
Dr. Aziz accepts most major insurance plans.
Words from our patients
"Dr. Michael is very caring and has helped me with my menopause symptoms with some natural hormones that my gynecologist did not even bring up."
“I have been a patient with Dr. Aziz for few years. He has always been very caring, and never rushed me. I will always recommend him to my friends and family.”